90° Peel Fixture
This fixture is designed for peel testing of tapes, films, foil seals, and other materials, per ASTM D6862 / D3330 / D903. A large, flat working table moves horizontally as the test stand’s crosshead moves up via direct cable linkage.
An optional adjustable-angle mount tilts the fixture up to ±30°. Another optional adapter uses an adjustable pulley to set the angle of pull, from 0° to 90°, while the working table remains horizontal. The horizontal orientation is suited for seal testing of filled containers, and can also be used for tapes and other materials.
An integrated limit switch automatically stops the motion of an ESM303 motorized test stand when the working table has reached its end of travel.
- Maintains 90° angle between the table and the direction of pull
- Optional adjustable angle mount tilts the fixture up to ±30°.
- Optional adjustable angle adapter with pulley, 0° to 90°, while preserving horizontal table orientation (max. force: 30 lbF [150 N])
- Large working area with threaded mounting holes
- Compatible with the ESM303 motorized test stand. Optional adapter available for ESM750 / ESM1500.
- Compatible only with force gauges, not remote load cells
- Conforms to ASTM D6862, D3330, and D903
- Note: not compatible with the ESM303 test stand when ordered with the AC1062 load cell/indicator mounting kit.
- Maximum force:
100 lbF (500 N)
- Maximum table travel:
8.2 in (210 mm)
- Weight (G1109 only):
6.0 lb (2.7 kg)
The G1109 peel test fixture is shipped as shown at left, and includes the following:(1) G1109 fixture
(1) Limit switch cable
(1) Crosshead bracket
(1) G1078 miniature bollard grip
(1) Test stand mounting adapter
(1) Mounting hardware
|G1109||90° peel fixture||$1,800.00|
|AC1078||Adjustable angle pulley adapter||$380.00|
|AC1079||Adjustable angle mount||$450.00|
|AC1080||Adapter, G1023 / G1058 grip to G1109||$125.00|
|AC1087||Adapter, G1109 to ESM750 / ESM1500 test stands||$150.00|